Thursday, December 23, 2010

September 24, 2010: The Lords and Ladies Masquerade Ball

This is something I WISH I had pictures from, but we were SO busy working that there was NO time for pictures. A friend of mine, Candace Bergquist, hosts two big fundraisers each year. First is the Princess Festival in the summer, where young girls can participate in fairy tale activities. The second is for adults: the Lords and Ladies Masquerade Ball. Both of these events benefit charities, so I told Candace my girls and I (and Cherise) would be willing to volunteer. She, in turn, said that after our "shift" of 2 hours, we could participate in the activities. We were really looking forward to it, but we were so slammed that we weren't able to stop working until there was about 45 minutes left in the night and all the food was gone. Still, it was worth it to be there and help out. We quickly switched into our outfits (we finally got to wear our masks!) and the girls had a good time walking around and dancing for a short time. I think we'll be back next year!


No comments: