Thursday, December 23, 2010

December 19, 2010: "I Am Goliath"

I have a friend by the name of Candace Bergquist. She substitute taught at Westmore quite a bit and became a friend to Griffin. She contacted me to let me know that she was part of an interfaith choir and they would be performing on Sunday the 19th, with Thurl Bailey (former Jazz basketball player and star of the Living Scriptures' David DVD) and that she would love the have the family come--along with the Williams and Elliotts. Griffin, Mags, Carma and Cherise and I set up quite early: 5:00 for a 7:00 performance. And it's a good thing! We got so lost that it took us nearly that whole time to get there. It was just in Alpine, but we kept ending up everywhere BUT where we were supposed to go. Finally, after Griffin mentioned to us once again that we were lost, Cherise called Blaine who was able to get us there five minutes before it was to start.

Because we were so late, we were in the very back row. BUT, because we were so late, they had brought in the chairs from the Relief Society room, so we had comfy chairs--and were right next to the refreshments!

The performance was lovely. It as a bit difficult to see Thurl, but he is rather tall, so we were able to see his head. They performed probably ten songs, and I learned that "Far, Far Away in Judea's Plains" is an LDS Christmas song. I had NEVER known that before!

Afterwards, Candace invited us to her house for cookies and hot chocolate. Griffin enjoyed meeting her cats and we enjoyed the company and hospitality.

I am most grateful that I had good company with me. After last night's shenanigans, I couldn't have made it through without my friends. And we'll never forget it!

No comments: