Thursday, December 23, 2010

November 29, 2010: Prizes and Tradition

On a Monday afternoon, I was at the local health food store with Cherise while she picked up a gift for her mother's birthday. My phone rings, and it's my friend, Kristen Preston, telling me I had just one $100 from APX Alarm because of my response to their question, "What is the best present you ever received?" (We put Snowflake.) I stood there, in the bulk room, screaming! I couldn't believe it! When I got home, I jumped on to see another person congratulating me for my win. I was able to choose a $100 gift card to anywhere that had them online (so my favorite spa was out). After much deliberation, we chose Costco so we could buy good steaks for our anniversary, along with toilet paper and other necessities.

And with the busyness of the season, we thought we'd tackle one of our traditions a bit earlier than usual. I think one of the kids' favorite things to do is go to the dollar store. We each buy a present for the others in the family. We usually do this the first Monday of December, but I knew what was coming up and thought it would be great to get a jump on things. It also helps to get me in the holiday spirit. And this year, we were okay with Griffin going "on his own" which made it even better because it would be a total surprise rather than knowing what he got for everyone. Unfortunately, he still told me everything he got because he just knew I would love it. Gotta love him.

No comments: