Saturday, August 21, 2010

May 17, 2010: The Annual Westmore Cat Walk Fundraiser

I don't even know how many years I've been involved in the Cat Walk. It's almost to the point that I can throw it together the day of, as long as I have parents willing to act as volunteers. The prizes are still the hardest part of the whole thing as with the economy failing, businesses aren't as willing to donate.

Although prizes were still a challenge, the hardest part of this year's event was finding a decent day weather-wise! As I posted earlier, it was supposed to be held on April 30, but that was a cold and rainy day, so it was moved to May 17. And, of course, it was raining. We debated putting it off another day, but note that there were only 10 days of school left, so we set it up inside the school. Lo and behold, 20 minutes before it was to start, the rain stopped and we gathered all our volunteers to move the whole things outside.

Cherise helped quite a bit this year as my "security" officer. She ran the police tape stuff around the course and set up guards so no one could cut through the middle. Even though it was cool and the sidewalks were wet, it worked out great.

Ellie get a lift from Asa.

I hate this picture, but it's the only one that shows Griffin and I.


By the end, I think Griffin had nearly 3 miles. I'm not sure about Ellie's total, but she didn't really care.

No comments: