Friday, August 15, 2008

It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year...part 1

Today is the day our school district welcomes the new 7th graders to junior high and the 10th graders to high school. Since Maggie is a sophomore, and Ian is in student council, two of the four kids are at school today! (I feel like I need to give an acceptance speech like, "I'd like to thank the school district for giving me the opportunity to have a few minutes of peace and quiet; my house is grateful for the few minutes of order it might enjoy. . ."). It's just a half day for them with an assembly, tour of the school, and barbecue. Ian's been gone most of the week getting all these things set up and ready for today.

I can't believe that I have a graduating senior this year. He has worked so hard to be a part of student council, and when he lost both elections and then was appointed, it made his, well, life! I also reflect, though, on when Pat was a senior and I was a sophomore and I felt he was far too protective. I find myself hoping that Ian will be the same with Mags, although she has a much better head on her shoulders than I did at her age.

In case you were wondering, there are only 72 hours left until the other two go!

No comments: