Tuesday, August 19, 2008

90 Day Post-Op


I had my next post-op visit today. I was thinking today was the last one, but there's another one around Thanksgiving. He showed me the x-rays (not the one pictured) and I could see where the bone has begun to form where it was taken out. I was joking with Maggie that I should have said to people when I was tired, "Leave me alone! I'm growing bone here!"

I still can't lift more than 25 pounds, but I'm allowed to start singing again. He said that I shouldn't plan on any solos as it typically takes a while for a singing voice to come back and that most people are okay with that. It may be that my singing voice will have permanently changed; I guess everyone around me will find out on Sunday when I get to sing in Sacrament Meeting again. Maybe some of them will hope that I hadn't been given the go-ahead.

I asked him if there's anything I shouldn't be doing, and he said, "Well, I wouldn't paint a room or anything like that." Oops! I informed him that I'd already done that, and he asked me if it hurt. I assured him that I was fine, as verified by my x-rays. So hopefully by November, I'll be free and clear.

This whole experience really has been miraculous. So many people have helped through my recovery and I'm truly grateful for everything.

No comments: