Sunday, August 31, 2008

The Annual Ward Extravaganza

Each year, our ward has a big party at the local park around the end of August. This year's theme was a western one. (Last year it was a luau, incomplete without a roast pig, though.) It gives us an opportunity to have fun, dress up, act silly, and for the youth to learn new dances and performances. The owner of the company I work for was kind enough to give me a gift card to a local spa for going "above and beyond." I scheduled my appointment for the same day and figured I'd go show off my new look at the ward party. (I know that's a risky thing to do, but I knew I was in good hands at Remedez.) I'm really happy with the result, but I don't have a very good picture of it for you. They took some family pix at the extravaganza, but really only Ellie, Maggie and Ian look good in it. I've included it for your amusement.


Anyway, back to the party. There was a horse for the kids to ride, games, inflatables, entertainment, and great food. I'm sure it's a ton of work for our activities committee, but it's something the kids look forward to every year.

Griffin and Ellie both get to ride Smoke

The advantage to having it at the local park

Ellie's turn to dance


Maggie and the young women doing a variation on "Rhythm" from Girls Camp

Ian and the young men do a western-themed stomp

Pat and Malcolm (his hat may look really tall, but it's Sr. Merryweather's arm behind him)

Maggie wins the race down the inflatable slide

No comments: