Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Memorial Day Concert

I can't remember the last time I went to a full-on professional concert. I think the last one I went to was Phil Collins when John and I were still living at the U. Yesterday I took Ian and Maggie (and one of Ian's friends, Mallory) to see
Paramore and
at the E Center. There was another opening act (The Sounds) that just had the foulest language. I could have done without them. Twenty minutes after they finished their set, Paramore was on stage. I love playing their songs on Rock Band (how sad is that) and I enjoyed their 45-minute set. Their lead singer is a teeny powerhouse. I realize my pictures are pitiful, but I left my other camera in the car since I didn't want to risk it getting taken away, so these are just from my phone.No Doubt took the stage at about 9:15 and their encore ended at 11:00. I got my hearing back at about midnight. I'm glad I was able to go with the kids. Ian got to see what graphic design artists do as far as the screen behind the band, as well as all the light design that goes into the shows.
What was great to me was that you typically become a bigger fan of a group when you see them perform live--if they do it well! Where we used to go to the record store the next day to buy their albums, the kids just jumped on iTunes and were downloading. The only downside is that I'm not as young as I used to be. I definitely was feeling it when I had to be at the school with the kids this morning for the annual dance festival.


No comments: