Sunday, October 12, 2008

What? Where is it? (September 30)

On the 30th, we went to find our next cache by Best Buy, about 1/4 mile away. Even though it was the end of September, it was still in the 90s! The best thing about my club, as I may have already mentioned, is that I have two boys who have already found most of the caches around the school. When we struggle to find something, they've typically already found it and can steer us in the right direction. The weekend before, Ellie and Griffin and I went to the coordinates, looked all around and found nothing. Thinking I was just not seeing it amongst the bushes or something, I figured my "wonder boys" would be able to show me where it was. Ellie talked to one of them during school and gave him the heads up that we couldn't find it. He assured her that he knew where it was and that he'd be able to find it during the club. So off we all went. We arrived at the spot, looked all around, and after pulling him aside to ask where it was, he pointed out that he couldn't find it either, that it wasn't there. So we had the opportunity to look everywhere, clean up trash, and talk about what to do if we couldn't find it! They pulled out their log books and marked "Didn't find." That was one disappointed bunch of kids.



No comments: