Sunday, January 11, 2009

Kids' Accomplishments

I would be remiss if I didn't post some of the pictures of the kids and their recent awards.

Maggie is now a certified first responder having passed all the tests and practical exams in her emergency services class. In fact, when I was making bacon today and the grease sputtered into my eyes, everyone called for Maggie to help. (She's always upset when we pass an accident and she wasn't the first one on the scene. And if we see a story on the news about someone who died from a heart attack or someone who maybe choked to death she'll yell, "I could have saved that person's life!") Because of this one class, she really wants to be a doctor, but she doesn't have the math grades to back it up, so she's not sure what to do with her life.

Ian and the FBLA group went to Logan a few weeks ago for a series of tests. He came out with first place in Visual Basic. (I didn't even know he was a member of FBLA.) It was quite a surprise to him since he was just winging it through these tests. (I just wish a scholarship to Utah State came with it.) All this was before he got the mega-media software package for his 18th birthday. I've seen what he can do now and I'm sure he'd wipe the floor in any future competitions.

Way to go, you two!

No comments: