Monday, January 26, 2009

Ian Finishes His Duty to God

Yesterday I had the opportunity to sit down with the kids and go over their duty to god/personal progress/faith in god books. As we went through, we could see that Ian had one thing to do (which he did immediately) and his was done! That means he earned all three awards and will receive the medallion in May. I remember when we first looked through the books there were some really difficult challenges that would be required of him and I wasn't sure that he would be able to complete it. I'm proud of this accomplishment, more so than if he had been on an award-winning lacrosse team or received some other sort of award. He has received two of the highest honors I can imagine: his Eagle Scout and Duty to God. You're awesome, Ian!

Also, you can see his new blog (Ian in Real Life) that he designed (the layout, banner [notice that the figure is Ian "ghosted"] and style) by clicking on the link on the side of my page. I've asked him to try to figure one out for me, so we'll see what he comes up with!

No comments: