Monday, December 22, 2008

I Finished!

I finished the Book of Mormon--in 38 days! I got really worried there when I was so behind, but since the kids started school early on Friday (8 instead of 9:15, I took advantage of that quiet 90 minutes before the Christmas sing to read and read and read! (The only downside was that my relatively new camera was stepped on and broken during the event. It's kind of like the opening of the doors at Wal-Mart on Black Friday, unless you get there 90 minutes early and get your pick of any seat in the house.)

I'm amazed that every time I read it there are parts that seem brand new. I understand why we are to make it part of our daily study because as our lives and circumstances change, so do our spiritual needs.

For Family Home Evening tonight, we watched the TNT/Patrick Stewart version of "A Christmas Carol." With everyone snuggled under blankets keeping warm (we were certainly worn out from shoveling 12 inches of snow!) and two dogs sitting on our laps, it set a really good mood for our upcoming multiple holiday festivities.
God bless us, everyone!

No comments: