Sunday, April 18, 2010

April 3-4, 2010: General Conference/Easter Weekend

Having hurt my neck the day before General Conference, I spent most of Saturday asleep. Shockingly, I decided to hard boil eggs so the kids could color them. I think the last time I did it was probably 5 years ago. It just seemed like SO much work for about 5 minutes of "fun." Below are some of the eggs Griffin and Ellie decorated.





By Sunday, I had made what I consider a miraculous recovery and made a huge dinner for Easter. It included brown sugar ham, asparagus, deviled eggs and yellow cake with strawberries and whipped cream for dessert. This was a great way to celebrate both conference and Easter: at home, listening to the counsel of our spiritual leaders with family and good food.

This was also the kick-off of spring break, a much needed relief from the daily grind of school activities and afterschool activities that keeps me running from dawn to dusk.

No comments: