Sunday, April 19, 2009

Visit with the Michael Clawson family

Tonight the planets aligned and schedules meshed in such a way to we were finally able to visit with Michael and his family (Pri, Robby and Gabe) up in Salt Lake. It was great to spend a couple of hours talking and laughing with them. They are getting ready to head back to Kansas City for a bit and then are making the leap to Brazil for, well, a while.

They are staying at their grandfather's condo. Griffin, after taking a tour, said, "Wow, this is a really nice hotel! Do they have drinking fountains here?" I pointed out to him that this is like a house and not a hotel. Michael added, "The room service is pretty slow. I asked for a cheesecake three weeks ago and it still hasn't shown up!" Pri was kind enough to then get Griffin a drink of water. But just as Griffin is want to do, he came in a few minutes later and said, "I knew there was a drinking fountain somewhere." He took me outside the door and found a water fountain out in the hall. He is nothing if not determined. I don't know if we ever did impress upon him that it wasn't a hotel.

I love having the chance to visit with my family. They make me smile and laugh and just feel at home. Our best wishes go with you!

No comments: