Thursday, April 16, 2009

Spring in Utah

When I got up at 5 this morning to let out a dog we are "sitting," I was shocked to find this outside.


I told John that I was shocked to see over a foot of snow, to which he replied, "Are you meaning literally or figuratively?" I was sad to say, "Literally, over a foot!" As I left for work, I made sure to take some pictures along the way.

Our crab apple tree


Our neighbor's tree

The trees down Orem Boulevard. Every one had snapped, looking like this:


The damage to trees was significant. This was the heaviest snow I've ever seen (prime packing snow according to Maggie). By 5:00 pm, it was 50 degrees and the snow was melting. (Glad I didn't even touch a shovel.) It's supposed to be 72 degrees on Saturday. The weather here is really nuts.

PS: Ian continues to do really well through his recovery. Still not swollen or bruised, although he did say today that it hurts to smile.


No comments: