Sunday, January 2, 2011

Happy Belated Anniversary!

Today--after church--I was sent to my room. I wasn't allowed to come out. I was able to use my laptop to watch the Eagles game while I updated Ian's blog (also behind since August). I was able to play around with new templates for my blog; new year, new template. And then, after a few hours, I could smell steak. And it smelled GOOD! I had heard little helpers out in the kitchen working feverishly. And then my door opened and I was invited to sit at the table.

The kids had cleaned off the table (a miraculous feat in unto itself!) and had set a lovely place setting for two. John had made (for all of us) french onion soup, salad, steak, roasted red potatoes and asparagus. But the kids were banished to the basement. And one of the two dogs was sent to the great, cold outdoors. And we ate. Just the two of us.

The Eagles lost. Griffin choked--a little. And Wilbur kept barking. But my dinner was wonderful! And the company was wonderful. And my day was wonderful. And even though we waited four days to celebrate, it was worth waiting for.




No comments: