Friday, January 8, 2010

One Small Step for Man...

...one GIANT leap for Griffin. If you look closely at his spelling homework, you will see the word "throw" written in cursive. I realize that this may be silly, but this is ENORMOUS progress for him. Just two years ago, he still wouldn't write and what he did write was hardly legible. By the end of last year, he had managed correct spacing in between words. This year, I can actually read his sentences.

He was so proud of what he had done, but made sure to tell me that he'd only do it once because it "took so much work" to do it. I wanted to make sure--in case his statement was fact--that this one occurrence was captured for all to see, for, unlike man walking on the moon, it may never happen again.

Woot to Griffin!

1 comment:

leila said...

I have several teenagers that can't and/or won't write in cursive. Way to go Griffin!!
Leila