Monday, January 18, 2010

How Did You Spend YOUR MLK Jr/Human Rights Day?

Since today the kids had the day off, we had to find some creative uses of our time. I, of course, had all sorts of things to offer such as cleaning and preparing the house for Ian's open house on Saturday. Unfortunately, none of the options were appealing to Griffin, so I had to come up with something else. He had wanted to go to his friend's house to play in his fort, but he wasn't able to play today. Disappointed, I decided to help Griffin build his own in our living room.

Several years ago, we purchased this little Cranium fort set. Not having all the pieces, though, made it difficult to build a stand-alone piece. Using our surroundings, we came up with this:



A little later, I found him sitting in it like this:

When I asked why he had the sides up, he said, "Because I can sit here and still see the TV in the kitchen."
Of course. I don't even know why I thought he'd give up his precious TV viewing just for a fort.

No comments: