Monday, September 1, 2008

I'm a Nun, I'm a Nun!

As we were coming home from the festival Saturday afternoon, Mags asked if we could stop by the high school to see if she had made it into the cast of their fall musical, The Sound of Music. She was nervous since she didn't made the group for Shakespeare, so we did our best to reassure her that we still loved her no matter what the outcome of this audition. As we pulled up to the door where the list was posted, we let her get out by herself so she could look over the cast. Then we heard, "I'm a nun! I'm a nun!" (This was all the funnier because when they did Les Mis two years ago, one of the girls came away yelling, "I'm a prostitute! I'm a prostitute!" not knowing what a prostitute was. After her mother explained, she was a bit more reserved in her enthusiasm.) We all jumped out of the van to look over the list and share in her moment of joy.

So we're thrilled to announce that our daughter is a nun!

No comments: