Sunday, February 8, 2009

A Fabulous Dessert!

I spend much time wishing for a fabulous dessert. I'm sure my brain power would be better spent in other pursuits, but alas, I have not just a sweet tooth, but am truly a "sweet spirit," (a well-known term in the LDS culture as someone who may not be the, um, most beautiful of women) in the sense that I crave sugar/chocolate nearly 24 hours a day.

That being said, I was thinking tonight about something I saw in Bologna. There was a restaurant on the main street that advertised Nutella-filled crepes. Although I had seen Nutella before, I hadn't tasted it before. Griffin and I had a croissant with Nutella every morning for breakfast while in Bologna and I thought a crepe filled with it just couldn't be bad. Although I never had one (but I did have Nutella gelato, um, a lot), I thought to make one tonight.
I started with the basic crepe recipe, then slathered the inside with Nutella, and then, yes, I know, it's indulgent, I put some BYU Creamery Peanut Butter Cup ice cream in it, and then rolled it up. Oh my goodness gracious. The girls did the same but with Cookie Dough ice cream. I think I have found that quick and easy fabulous dessert I've been looking for. Made and eaten in ten minutes. I ate it too fast to get a picture, so the one at the top is just from the web.

Let me announce my starting weight: 138 (I can't believe I'm saying this). I'll let you know my weight next week. I expect it will have increased dramatically.

No comments: