Friday, March 6, 2009

"The Sickness in the Family Goes Round and Round..."

So let's see. In the past month we have had: 2 sinus infections, croup, bronchitis, the common cold, coughs and asthma treatments, and now, for hopefully our final number (with absolutely NO encores), strep. Maggie has been struggling with being sick off and on for two weeks now. Yesterday she crawled into my bed in pain, cold, and genuinely miserable. She told me she had a sore throat, a headache, and a then-fever of 103. I said that this was the strep trifecta and was sure she had it. She balked at the idea since she had her tonsils removed years ago, so I held off on the appointment. As she struggled into my room again this morning, I waited diligently until 8:30 when the pediatrician's appointment line opened, made the call, and had her sitting in the doctor's room by 9:00 a.m. By 9:15, we had a diagnosis and my suspicions were confirmed. She's still struggling with a fever and sore throat, but with some of the antibiotic in her system (and an extended weekend to recuperate), we'll hopefully have her back on her feet by Tuesday.

Now everyone get better! (And no, the strep didn't turn her hair red. We did that intentionally earlier in the week before she was bedridden.)

No comments: